Movement and gatherings
- Up to 100 people can gather in homes. No limit for people gathering in public spaces.
- Indoor funerals and wedding ceremonies: One person per 2m2 or 200 people or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity (whichever is the greater).
- All wedding guests can dance (indoors and outdoors) subject to the one person per 2m2 rule.
- Indoor premises: One person per 2m2 or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity (e.g. restaurants, cafés, pubs, clubs, museums, art galleries, places of worship and convention centres) with the COVID Safe Checklist.
- Eating or drinking while standing allowed.
- One person per 2m2 for short-term accommodation (including hostels, B&Bs and short-term rentals) with the COVID Safe Checklist. Density requirements do not apply in sleeping areas.
- One person per 2m2 at indoor play areas with the COVID Safe Checklist.
- Self-service food: No restrictions.
Stadiums and indoor and outdoor events
- 100% allocated seated and ticketed for stadiums
- Patrons must wear a mask at all times, including when seated.
- Patrons must be seated to eat and drink. Masks can be removed when eating or drinking.
- 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity for indoor events or 1 person per 2m2 indoors.
- No restrictions on outdoor events, however you are encouraged to wear a mask when you are unable to physically distance.
- Ticketed venues: 100% capacity with allocated seating (e.g. theatre, live music, cinemas, indoor sports, universities and other higher education institutions).
- Community sport: No restrictions.
Masks no longer need to be worn in Queensland, except when at an airport, on a domestic or international flight departing or arriving in Queensland, as agreed by National Cabinet. Everyone is encouraged to carry and wear a mask when physically distancing is not possible, for example on public transport.
Roadmap to easing restrictions