- 100 people at homes.
- No limit in outdoor public spaces.
- Managed campgrounds, camping and caravan parks: can operate at full occupancy.
- Indoor premises:
- One person per 2 sqm (e.g. restaurants, cafés, pubs, clubs, museums, art galleries, places of worship, convention centres and Parliament House), including standing, eating and drinking.
- Indoor play areas and unattended retail (such as children’s rides) within a premises can open with a COVID Safe Checklist.
- No restrictions on visitors to hospitals, aged care and disability centres.
- Wedding ceremonies:
- Up to 200 people or one person per 2 sqm or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity (whichever is greater)
- All guests can dance (indoors and outdoors) subject to the one person per 2 sqm rule.
- Funerals: Up to 200 people or one person per 2 sqm or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity (whichever is greater).
- Indoor events: 500 people with a COVID Safe Event Checklist. Larger events require a COVID Safe Plan.
- Ticketed venues: 100% capacity at allocated seated, ticketed venues with patrons encouraged to wear masks on entry and exit (e.g. theatre, live music, cinemas, indoor sports, universities and other higher education institutions).
- Dancing: Dancing is allowed in all indoor and outdoor venues subject to the one person per 2 sqm rule.
- Outdoor dance festivals and music festivals: Fewer than 500 people per day without a COVID Safe Checklist, no requirement to collect contact details. Events with between 500 and 1499 people with a COVID Safe Event Checklist. Larger events require a COVID Safe Event Plan.
- Outdoor events: Fetes, fun runs and other outdoor only events do not need a COVID Safe Event Checklist or Event Plan.
- Open air stadiums: 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity (with a COVID Safe Plan). All patrons encouraged to wear masks on entry and exit.
You must wear your mask when at an airport or on a domestic or international flight departing or arriving in Queensland.
While not mandatory, you are encouraged to:
- carry a mask with you at all times when you leave home
- wear a mask when travelling on public transport, in a taxi or ride share or in shopping centres
- wear a mask in any indoor or outdoor space when physical distancing is not possible.
Roadmap to easing restrictions